First visit Williamsburg and don’t know what to do in the city? This guide will help you plan your trip and make amazing memories.
- Live The Past: If history museums interest you, then visit the world’s largest one in Williamsburg. This colonial city has its Eighteenth century sites set beautifully for you to enjoy. It also has two art museums for you to explore. An exhibition titles “Recalling the Priceless” takes you through the life of the enslaved men, women, and children in the Eighteenth century Williamsburg. You can see the colonial artifacts in the Conservation Building and Wallace Collections.
- Take A Ride – If screaming and enjoying rides is what amuses you then head straight to the Water Country USA and Busch Gardens. You can take the rides and scream with joy. The Finnegan’s Flyer that takes you back to your childhood the stunning Busch Gardens has other rides and is named among the most beautiful parks in America.
- Treat Your Taste Buds – This town has many wineries, breweries, and distilleries that you can visit for a tasting. If wine, beer, or spirits are your favorite then you must visit these places to enjoy its making. The Williamsburg Winery, Alewerks Brewing Company, Precarious Beer Project, The Virginia Beer Co. are a few that you can include in your must-visit list.
- Time Travel Fun – Travel through time by visiting the Historic colonies in Jamestowne, America’s 1 st permanent colony. You can also visit the 1 st democratic assembly or the Archaearium museum which has over 2 million artifacts. Relive the 1607 England voyage on the 3 replica ships at the Jamestown Settlement, the unique living museum of history.
- Shopping Spree – Any vacation to a new town is incomplete without souvenirs. Over 100 premium outlets in Williamsburg are a treat for buying premium gifts at heavily discounted rates. Swarovski, Coach, Calvin Klein, Burberry, Nike, Ralph Lauren, Waterford all are queued up for your visit.
- Segway Tour – Never been on a segway? Head straight to Yorktown and take an hour-long tour through the waterfront and Main Street. This tour will be informative, fun, and one of a kind. Lean forward and enjoy the tour.
You will never be disappointed with the things to do in Williamsburg. Just be sure to plan your trip properly before reaching there so that you do not miss on anything listed above.